HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Friday, January 6, 2012

Updated French Buffet

You probably recognize this from a post I did this week on Aubergine Emporium.  Today it is getting it's very own post since I wanted it to attend Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Friday link party.  This piece, although beautiful, was very formal and needed some repair.  It had heavy gold metal trim and was a natural wood piece.  The detailing on the piece is incredible and very French.  As I said before, I think it would be wonderful in a powder room with a raised basin.  The antiqued glaze really brings out the detail.  Now it's fit for a queen.  I have to admit, when I find pieces like this, I can certainly appreciate their beauty, however, they are a bit stiff and formal for my decorating style.  I also would totally shy away from a piece like this if there was any damage to the metal trim.  Certainly painting the entire piece a uniform color, disguises any imperfections very well and now it adds even more character. 
Furniture Feature Fridays





No comments: