HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Friday, May 25, 2012

Chippy Red Bed

One photograph of this bed kind of says it all.  My husband would have put this bed in the trash for sure, however, if you love chippy peely paint, this is right up your alley.  I bought this bed from the sweet hoarder lady I purchased my primitive cabinet from.  In fact, she was so sweet, I felt good about everything I purchased from her.
 I hosed it down to get all the excess peeling paint off of it and this is what remained.  It has a certain charm about it, don't you think?  Great for a beach cottage look.  I love the red with all of my aqua furniture.  Here I cleared out the furniture in the middle to reveal a little more of its charm.  That little trunk in the middle of the bed is actually a new piece.  It was a prop in Johnny Depp's Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
Yes, this bed has seen better days, but I still couldn't resist it.  We do have a customer base that loves this kind of stuff.

 On another funky note, it is now prohibited in the State of California to sell taxidermy items.  So what are we to do with our store mascot?  We dress him up for all the holidays.  Yeah, I know,  very silly, but we do have a lot of fun.  After all, my motto is if it's not fun, don't do it!  So I hope you all have fun this Memorial Day weekend.  It's my husband's birthday too so we have a double celebration going on.
Pin It

I'm partying at...


Mondays          The House in the Roses       Le Chateau des Fleurs        The Graphics Fairy
                                      Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style         Ivy and Elephants        Faded Charm Cottage            
                                     Fine Craft Guild      
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           It's Overflowing

4 comments:

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Maggie,

Have a wonderful Memorial Day! Happy Birthday to your husband.

Dee

Bliss said...

I guess you can still dress him up, just don't put a price tag on him.

~Bliss~

NanaDiana said...

Love that you dress the deer! I told MY DEAR that if he didn't quit taking afternoon naps (to avoid HELPING me outside) that I was going to have HIM stuffed and mounted. I suppose that is illegal in this state now that I think about it- xo Diana

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Well if you can't sell it you might as well dress it up!