HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Black and White Tablescape

Happy Father's Day everyone.  If I had been thinking, I should have done a golf theme!  But I wasn't so this is the tablescape I had planned.  I'm going to do a golf theme though very soon to be sure.

Today I'm doing black and white.  Last week I found four black charger plates for 25 cents.  How could I resist?


I used my etched glasses today and I see they are not showing up very well in the photographs since I did not fill them with anything.  Our cupboard is bare since I haven't shopped for this week yet.
I picked up these cute black and white desert/salad plates at Home Goods a few weeks ago.  They are simple in design, but beautiful, and they represent famous landmarks around the world.  Today is Big Ben and the Vatican.
I used my paper script flowers that are on wire for the napkin rings.  Aren't they cute?
Here's a close up of Big Ben.
And another close up of my French script paper flowers.

Here is a close up of the Vatican plate.

I also used a lantern I purchased from the Home Goods clearance table and put my white orchid plant inside of it.  I think I am going to keep it in there permanently.  Can you see Cindy in the background?  She's had her daily swim and now she wants to go in the house with wet fur!  Sorry, Cindy.  Not just yet.

I hope you all have a wonderful day with family and friends.  Thanks for dropping by.


I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs        The Graphics Fairy     Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style         Ivy and Elephants       
                                     Faded Charm   Cottage             The Style Sisters
                                     Fine Craft Guild      
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    Fishtail Cottage
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity   Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           It's Overflowing

21 comments:

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I love your black and white table! Did you make the script flowers? They're so pretty!

Donna said...

I love the tablecloth! Did you make it?

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow! That is some size lantern for a clearance item, Maggie! I love it! I am also loving that tablecloth. It works so perfectly with your black and white theme. Great dishes, too. Everything just works so well together.

NanaDiana said...

Well, it is masculine enough for Father's Day-black and white works, I think. At least it is not pink and fluffy! It looks great- Love those plates- xo Diana

Bliss said...

Did I miss a post about the tablecloth, because I'm loving that and you didn't even mention it.

~Bliss~

Anonymous said...

Love this table. The monument plates are great. So are the square crystal ones under them. Darling tablecloth. Did you make it?

White Lace and Promises said...

I so love the tablecloth! Beautiful!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love the tablescape...and that fabulous trumeau mirror you found! I have been on the hunt and have yet to find one that is affordable! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Susie @ Step inside my home said...

Black and White themed tablescapes are my favorite! You did a beautiful job! Love the Venice plate - one of my all time favorite destinations. Susie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love everything about this. How fun and so pretty. I love that rag ruffle edge on the tablecloth too. Fabulous. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

The Style Sisters said...

Oooh I love me some black anD white! This just so beautiful....I love all the textures and fun accents like your pretty paper flower napkin rings! Great tablescape perfect for any celebration!
Come link up to centerpiece wednesday on my blog the style sisters and share your ideas!

Karin

Marlis said...

Just love those pretty plates and the napkin rings!! I think I'll go make me some for an upcoming table. Your black and white is just lovely. Love the lantern. great table.. xo marlis

Anonymous said...

stunning!

Anonymous said...

Stunning

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

Very Frenchie!! Loving the pears too!!

Teresa said...

LOVE the tablecloth! Where did you find it?

Unknown said...

Beautiful table and a great deal on the chargers. Love the script flowers I have some in an arrangement and everyone comments on them.
Sandy

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I also love your black and white Tablescape.. You did a Beautiful job putting all together so pretty!! I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
XXOO Diane

The Tablescaper said...

Love this!Isn't it great how one little thing can inspire a whole new table. I can't believe you got those chargers for .25!

- The Tablescaper

Chubby Chieque said...

The tablecloth with ruffles on it is a fave from D´Box.

Love all your touches around and on the top of your table. Very elegant.

Have a nice mid-week.

Greetings from Stockholm,
/CC

Unknown said...

adorable! love the ruffled tablecloth.