HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Chalk Board Placemats

This is a Pinteresting inspired post.  I had a ton of these placemats on hand so I painted them with chalk board paint  I plan to use these 4th of July weekend.  I think they are a great idea.  Use them as place cards, condiment labels, wine identifiers, kids' parties.  After the meal they can graffiti on them and take them home.  You know how kids love to draw and write on things.  The one I saw on Pinterest was actually a table runner. 

Have a great weekend everyone.







I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs        The Graphics Fairy     Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style         Ivy and Elephants        Faded Charm Cottage            
                                     Fine Craft Guild      
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           It's Overflowing

12 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Well, now...HOW CUTE is that idea? I love it! xo Diana

Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan said...

I like working with chalkboard paint and what a great idea! You can paint, just about, anything with it. I really like reading your posts.
Lynda

Crafts a la Mode said...

Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! And I'm into the chalk paint, too. Oh, my gosh. Can't wait to do this and have company with kids. What fun!! Thanks, Linda

Brenda Pruitt said...

I adore that rooster plate!
Brenda

Unknown said...

Great idea for a placemat, how personal! And I love the rooster plate too :)

Tanya

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Very cute idea!

Dee

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Well if that isn't the most clever idea. I love it. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Fantastic idea!Great and easy change and be creative at every table setting!

Anonymous said...

I love the plate, too. Can you tell me the maker/name?

Chalkboard is so versatile and fun. Great ideas!!

Anonymous said...

I love the plate, too. Can you tell me the maker/name?

Chalkboard is so versatile and fun. Great ideas!!

The Charm of Home said...

Love these. I saw them on a site under pies at Thanksgiving! Such a great idea. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

The Tablescaper said...

Such a great idea!

- The Tablescaper