HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Morcom Rose Garden

When I went to visit my daughter up north, she took me to a public garden that is maintained by volunteers.  It's called Morcom Rose Garden.  It's free to the public and rests on seven acres.  It's in Oakland, California, and I believe most of these roses were planted in the 50's.  This first photo, of course, was not taken there because it is not a rose.  It's the largest sunflower I have ever seen.  When I found it on one of our walks, it was already spent and probably gone to seed, but look at how magnificent this is.  It was about 14 inches across.


I have no idea what the names of these roses are.  All I know is that I was awestruck by how amazing they were even in their spent state.  However, come to think of it, even dried rose petals are beautiful too.  I'll just share the photos with you.  We are still on vacation.  I managed to get a few posts scheduled and this is one of them.










If you made it this far through the post, I hope you enjoyed the beauty of these magnificent old roses.  Until next time, stay cool.
Pin It
I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style         Ivy and Elephants
                                     Faded Charm Cottage       Fine Craft Guild      
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    Fishtail Cottage
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity   Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best

2 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Of course I made it all of the way though! No one stops looking when there is gorgeous pictures of roses, what a fun day!

Carol

NanaDiana said...

I made it all the way through! lol I never know the names of anything but I LOVE them anyway! xo Diana