HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Christie Repasy Workshop

Happy Tuesday everyone.  I shared with you on Sunday that I took my second workshop with Christie Repasy on Saturday and instead of doing roses our group voted for painting a bird.  It's a funny thing about getting like minded women together.  They instantly bond and become fast friends.  In my first class with Christie, I met three other women who were driving as far as I was to attend this workshop which was 125 miles one way.
It just so happened that they live about 10 miles from me so we carpooled to the second workshop.  The trip went three times as fast and we visited all the way down and back.
In my first workshop with the rose painting, Christie had to help me a lot and, of course, my painting was the better for it.  This time I did it all by myself, and although it's not the best little birdie in the bunch, I am so proud of it because it was all my doing.  The mere fact I did not need any assistance made me pleased as punch.
There were six of us who opted to do the bird and I photographed three of our paintings.  They are all different even though we used the same model photograph.  Mine is the middle one.  If you ever have an opportunity to take one of Christie's classes, please do.  She is a lot of fun and an excellent teacher.  She is totally willing to share her knowlege and skills and boy is she talented.  She will be in Arizona in February doing two days of instruction.
And last but not least, you know I love to do tablescapes, and yesterday I went to Michael's Crafts to pick up some supplies and they had spring colored charger plates for $1.99.  I only bought two each of three of their colors because I will mix and match, but this is a really good deal so I thought I would pass it along in case anyone is setting an Easter table.  They also had pink.

Thanks so much for your visits.
Pin It
I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best


13 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Maggie, you did a wonderful job, what a fun workshop and to have someone to ride with, that makes the whole day fun!!

Carol

NanaDiana said...

You lucky, lucky girl. She is one of the artists I most admire. Her work is fantastic and I LOVE your painting. You did a GREAT job!!!!! xo Diana

Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan said...

You did a beautiful job!!
Lynda

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

What an amazing workshop. All of the birds are fantastic. It would be so fun to do something like that. Sounds like a great time! Love your chargers. Wonderful colors!
Karen

srpprcrftr said...

I have to compliment all you gals on your bird paintings. They are so beautiful. Think you ladies had the talent all along, the great teacher really helped give you all more confidence. What a wonderful experience to be able to take a class with a great teacher. What fun also to be able to share the ride and compare notes. Such a great feeling to be able to expand all you gals talents. I sure envy you.
My Dad was an oil painter and a pretty good one. I didn't inherit that talent but I sure did the urge to create in a different way, I've never stopped since I was quite young. Now I'm 72 and still creating more than ever, thanks to so much inspiration from so many extremely talented bloggers. I feel so fortunate to have this avenue to expand my interests.

Susie said...

Kudos Maggie !! You did a great job with your bluebird. I love it . I wish I could have been in the class with you. I love to paint watercolors. xoxo,Susie

Anne said...

Maggie your painting is beautiful! You are so lucky to be able to take on of her classes! That would be a dream for me!
xx
Anne

Bliss said...

You painted that bird???? Awesome, I'm impressed.

Bliss

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your painting is gorgeous! How fun to take a class with women who share you interest! I took stained glass classes for several years with a group of women and we had so much fun at the classes and driving to and from the class together. I can't wait to see what you paint next!

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Maggie,
I love the bird painting! You did so well....I should try again but I think I would drive Christie crazy.
Ciao Rita

lisa in ohio said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...

I adore your sweet bird, Maggie! You did an amazing job, what a thrill it must have been to take classes from Christie! Can't wait to see more of your beautiful work:)

karen@somewhatquirky said...

I'm glad you got to take another class. Nice job in my book. I like your bird!