HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe

This is my week for lettering projects and I'm trying some new fonts and stencils.  I found this back splash at the salvage yard.  It was so covered with mud and dirt I thought it had been in a fire and the wood was burned but I dragged it home anyway.

 I scrubbed it down and painted it black and painted Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe on it with gold paint.  As soon as I found this piece I knew that's what I wanted to do with it and the words fit perfectly like they were meant to be there.
 But there was still a matter of the roughness that remained after being saturated with the mud for so long, so I sanded it back to give it an old shabby look.
 I think now it has a perfect authentic antique look.
By the way, the name of this lettering is Chancery.
Thanks for your visits.

I may be partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
                             
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           


11 comments:

Anne said...

Cool Sign Maggie!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

This well sell fast! Great ornamental piece.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

This is my favorite project to date! How fun would this be in a child's bedroom, or even a studio?! Great find and even better transformation!!

Susie said...

Miss Maggie, Is there anything you can't do...I mean re-do? That is a treasure of a sign. I love seeing how very clever you can be. xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

GREAT sign, Maggie. I love it-xo Diana

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I absolutely LOVE this, Maggie! What a great piece and I love the lettering. I could just see this over a doorway. I like Vickie's idea of over the doorway to a studio or creative space.

Pendra said...

Beautiful sign Maggie, you paired it perfectly with your choice of font! Why can't I find gorgeous pieces like this??!!!
~Pendra

Annette T. said...

Maggie, the sign is wonderful. The lettering is just perfect for it. How can you bare to part with some of these things you redo?

Bliss said...

I like this one too.

Bliss

miss flibbertigibbet said...

That is PERFECT! I love the lettering and saying! Really, really nice!

Art and Sand said...

I love your sign. I am learning, through blogging, to look past the dirt and muck and see the hidden potential in things.