HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fanciful Clipboards

Today I wanted to share a project I did last weekend and it's very similar to the book stacks I shared about a month ago only this time I used clipboards.  These could be used for photo displays, paperwork or recipes in the kitchen, and when they are not in use, they look terrific just stuck on a nail.

I used my Maison d' Stencils that I had on hand.  I had to leave off a line here or there to fit it all in, but even with that, I love the way these came out.
 
I picked up the old clipboards at yard sales, painted them with Annie Sloan graphite and stenciled with light ivory and then lightly waxed the paint so as not to leave any residue.
I love how these turned out.

I am almost finished with the raised plaster stencil I did in white on white and I hope to share that in the next couple of days. 
Before I leave you today I just wanted to give a huge thank you to Karen Valentine for helping me with some recent blog problems I have been having.  This is not the first time I have had to call on Karen to fix something that has gone awry.  She has a beautiful blog herself called My Desert Cottage and another one called Building Beautiful Blogs.  If you need some tweaking or help to fix a mysterious problem that arises, I highly recommend Karen.  She's quick, friendly and very affordable especially for those of us that are more technically challenged than others, and although she did not design my actual blog, she has more than helped me a time or two to spruce things up on my existing blog so I have added her button on my sidebar right along with my Maison d' Stencil button.  FYI, I do not get any compensation for promoting this fabulous stencil line.  It just happens to be one of my favorites and I happily promote them.  They have been gracious enough to include a couple of my projects on their blog as well.


I may be partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
            
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           


13 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love your clip boards, and you know I am a huge fan of those stencils!! Thanks for the tip about Karen, it is nice to have a name in my pocket should I need some help!!

Carol

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love your clipboards, Maggie, and you've given me an excellent idea for displaying black & white family photos. I'll add that to my never ending to do list. :)

Thanks for sharing the idea and the web sites.

Celestina Marie said...

Maggie I love your clip boards. Anything black and white calls to me! I love the stencil web site.
Looking forward to your raised plaster project.
Hugs!

Irene Helms Designs said...

I love these clipboards. Another project on my "To Do" list!
Irene

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

These look great, Maggie! I love them! Such a great idea, too. I'll have to keep an eye out for clipboards at yard sales now!

Susie said...

Maggie, You certainly know how to perk things up...an old clipboard. I sure would never have thought of that. xoxoSusie

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Those clipboards look great Maggie! I wonder if your gal could help me with my eternal no-reply problem? Thanks for sharing that info...I may contact her!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love these! Hmm, I have a few of those old clip boards hanging around and several stencils from Maison De Stencils. Thanks so much for the inspiration. Karen has helped me out on more than one occasion also:-)

Fanciful Ponderings said...

Beautiful and a great idea!

Tina said...

I love what you did to the clip boards. They are so pretty and can be used for so many things.
Have a happy day,
Tina

Bliss said...

I have been collecting clip boards for a year now. I even have this huge one. I have no idea what to do with them, so maybe chalkboard paint is the answer.

Bliss

Old Crow said...

Yippy skippy, I can "PIN" now. A huge thank you to your friend Karen. I have ordered some stencils from Maison de Stencil's when they ran their 30% off sale and can't wait till they arrive. They were so very helpful and even allowed me to add an extra stencil to my order to help me save on shipping. Hooray, hooray.

I have already gone back and "PINNED" several of your past projects and plan to do more when I have the time. Working on pillows today and also plan to make a couple of burlap table runners with ruffles (finally figured that out with my very, very old sewing machine).

I would love to start a blog but there is this fear that I have nothing creative to share and of course I'm so technically challenged plus I don't have a camera.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading my emails about not being able to pin. Sorry for the long post, I'm just so so happy!

Carolyn

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

Your clip boards came out great!! Nice Project!!