HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Vintage Rose Table

This week I'm finalizing projects I want to take to the Little French Flea Market.  I found this sweet little table at another flea market last month and I have to confess, I have never found a drop leaf table like this I didn't want to drag home.  It still had the original wood finish that was not in good shape and it was very boring so I thought I would romanticize it a little.
It got a coat of Annie Sloan Old White and then I used my Modern Masters crackle finish.  I confess I might have gotten a little carried away with it.  I usually just use it in spots but I did the whole top with the crackle.  I had some rose cut outs that I bought years ago on Ebay so I arranged them on paper and then Xeroxed them to fit the curve of the table.
The center of the table was too plain so I added a typography image I found on Pinterest.  You can see that I had some trouble with the reverse mod podge that I did but it adds to the vintage charm.
The handle was broken that came with the table so I added an antique drawer pull.  Then I trimmed the table out in a little gold paint to add to the vintage patina.
I think the table is pretty and romantic.  These little pieces are so versatile they can be used almost anywhere.
Thanks for stopping by.

I may be partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday

Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           


6 comments:

Art and Sand said...

Amazing. I don't think I could put that much effort into something only to sell it.

Can't wait to see what you do next.

NanaDiana said...

Maggie- I absolutely LOVE IT! It is gorgeous- xo Diana

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Another masterpiece! That sweet table is going to be sold immediately!

Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan said...

The roses are beautiful and fit perfectly in the curves of the little table. You're so good with your designs. Lynda

srpprcrftr said...

Your little table is so pretty. Love the way you gussied her up. I'd buy her in a heart beat if I saw her at the mkt. you're going to. Love the way you used the gold paint on edges. very nice detail. Roses aren't something I usually care for but the way you applied them gives her more personality and zip. Love drop leaf tables with a little drawer on end.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

This may be my favorite so far! I cannot wait to learn to do this Maggie.