HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Night Table with Roses

I'm getting ready for another vintage market next week and I'm grinding out as many projects as I can.  This sweet little cabinet is from Drexel and it's pretty good quality.  It just needed a little updating.  I always admire the fabulous pieces that Christie Repasy does.  They are all one of a kind and she makes them so beautiful.  I, on the other hand, could take classes from her until I die and will never be able to duplicate her fabulous roses so I improvised with this gorgeous image I found on Pinterest.
I started out by having my husband paint the cabinet a lovely shade of mint green.  I did my old stand by reverse mod podge technique to apply this image and then took my acrylic paints and dabbed around the edges to blend my colors and make it look like the roses were hand painted.  I'm happy with the results.  
To add a little contrast, I painted out some of the trim with my Old White and then shabbied the piece back just a bit.  It has some nice romantic character to it now.
Here is the cabinet as I found it.  It was in great shape but kinda stuck in the 80's.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a peak.

I may be partying at...


Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Maggie - you keep taking it up a level every single time - this is just breathtaking!!!
Gorgeous job
xox

Linda at French Hollow said...

It's gorgeous Maggie - lovely job!

White Lace and Promises said...

Maggie, I am so envious of your talent. The roses do indeed look handpainted.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Maggie your are amazing...You keep coming up with new looks, I just kind of stay if fluffy world, but your do all sorts of styles...Love it!

Carol

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

wow. what a wonderful job you did. couldn't believe the before!

awal.ny said...

I love this idea, simple yet looks hand painted. I am so going to try this, now I just have to find the perfect picture. I am on the hunt for furniture this weekend. Thank you for sharing. Alaina

Susie said...

Maggie, That is a pretty shade of green. I love how it turned out for you. xoxo,Susie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It's beautiful, Maggie! What a great new look for this nightstand. Love how you did the flowers ~ I did think they were hand painted! Love the color, too.

Donna said...

It is just gorgeous, Maggie! I love the color, and those roses are beautiful! They really do look hand painted. This will sell in a heartbeat! Your work just keeps getting more amazing:)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Maggie, I'm just now catching up on what you've been painting, and this gorgeous piece of furniture is my all time favorite! I love your color choices, and the roses- perfection!

Inmaculada said...

Te ha quedado divina y muy romántica, besos.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Just gorgeous, my dear!

rkramadh said...

Holy cow, you are quite a visionary to see potential in that 80s looking thing. Amazing transformation! I just realized that I have an octagonal table (hm, wait I have 2!!) that are covered with plants on top and I think I need to rescue it like this (Ok, I am not as good as you but I can try to come somewhere near your perfection).

Unknown said...

I Love this. I just painted a piece, but in chalk paint, the same green, added roses and mod podge it. But on chalk paint, it showed up shinier. Did you use just paint, and anything over the roses other than acralic paint to design like you painted.

Anonymous said...

Love this! You did a wonderful job! Can you tell me what "reverse decoupage" Is?
Thanks!